Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Coach McGuirk


Coach McGuirk. A ficticious elementary school soccer coach/alcoholic/part-time comedian and one of the greatest cartoon characters of all time in my opinion. Not only did I learn how to not play soccer, I learned about interventions, fighting below the belt, and what to do in a tornado. This man should be the symbol of asoccer in the US. I must make a banner with his face on it.

Must Watch Match- Japan vs. Australia, Wedensday, 5am ET, FSC

This is THE match to watch this week. Nevermind France vs. Argentina or even USA vs. Mexico tomorrow. This is a battle not only for World Cup Qualification, but for determining who is the giant in Asian Soccer. 72,000 people will be on hand to watch this in Yokohama. Japanese soccer supporters are some of the most passionate in the world, and the recent success of the Australian national team has led to a dedicated travelling support for the Socceroos. My prediction: 2-2.

No comments:

Post a Comment